In 1951, Joe
Oberweis (pictured left), son of founder
Peter Oberweis, built and opened a new dairy located on North Lake Street in Aurora,
Illinois. This new dairy allowed Joe to perfect a formula using the cream from his premium
milk, to produce the best ice cream available -- the formula we still use to this very
This facility also permitted
another Oberweis Dairy first -- a retail store selling Oberweis products and an ice cream
fountain with creations guaranteed to tempt the taste buds.
The proud Oberweis Dairy tradition continues in
our retail ice cream and dairy store
locations throughout Chicagoland and St. Louis as well as
locations in Indiana and Michigan.
Today, the third and fourth
generations of the Oberweis family operate the dairy that
carries the family name and that makes our super premium ice
cream, milk and other fine products.
Visit a store today
and see what generations of fans have been raving about. Try
one of our traditional fountain treats and pick up some of
our glass bottled farm fresh milk.
We look forward to